Tis the season to be jolly!
And with it comes the joy of giving.
In our members’ Facebook group, we practice the art of gratitude, giving thanks for what we are grateful for.
We call this Bright Spots Friday.
This is a great way for people who may not normally enjoy going to the gym, or working out, to celebrate their successes with people like them, who support them in the gym.
This might be achieving a new PR or knocking off a new movement.
The beauty of the Bright Spots system though, is that it isn’t limited to gym-based achievements, and can be focused on achievement at home, work, or in your personal life. An example of this would be Sophie.
Sophie attends Toastmasters and just this week presented to her group on her newfound love of the experience at CrossFit Hutt Valley. Now, you may think that the first rule of CrossFit……is to talk about CrossFit, but I dare anyone to not feel proud of someone you’ve had an influence on, taking the time to write a speech, so she could present as something that has has a fundamental effect on them.
And therein is what I love about sharing my gratitude.
Here are just a few of the things I’m grateful for in 2017.
I LOVE that:
– Sophie felt inspired enough to talk about here experience.
– We now have a Legends (50+) program running at our gym. These are some of the most inspiring people I’ve ever worked with, and to see conditions like one member’s Type 2 Diabetes disappearing via a focus on health and fitness. Well, that’s arguably the greatest ever achievement I’ve been involved with.
– Our members continue to trust us with their health and fitness goals. Seeing people grow physically, mentally and emotionally is truly amazing.
– We now have three experienced coaches on the floor every week, bringing their own personalities to benefit our members.
– That my parents were able to visit this year (very coincidentally at the same time as the British Lions were here) as I hadn’t seen them since 2012.
I was in a bit of a funk when I started writing this post, but just reading back to myself these few things I feel gratitude for having experienced has put me in a much better mood. Something I’ll carry into 2018.
Give it a try, you might just find the same happening to you